View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faltizan
In-Game Guild Master

re: Feedback: Designation of Raid Time

Fuck Normal - As for Heroic, which wing should we start with?

Also - in preparation with BRF. We should start saving Bonus Rolls. 

With the upcoming release of Blackrock Foundry, we're getting an extra 10 bosses to juggle into the mix for a total of 17.

The first and obvious thing for efficiency is to cut out Heroic Highmaul from scheduled raid nights. Release pending, we may or may not be able to even keep Heroic Blackrock in the mix. 

What are your thoughts on how we should divide our raid times, and why?

Last edited by Faltizan on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current level 80 characters:
Faltizan - Blood Death Knight (DPS only!)
Affirms - Ret/Holy Paladin
Aerodynamic - Balance/Resto Druid
Natumes

Because Mythic is fixed size and heroic is flex, I think we should take advantage of scheduled raid times that everyone has said they can make for mythic progression. We can do heroic on the weekends or whenever people have time they can pug. We have plenty of iLvl to clear content, and honestly I don't feel like we're in a situation where overgearing the content is going to magically help us progress. If people are thinking we just need more gear, you need to change your mindset to I need to improve my rotation and awareness. 

What I think our schedule should look like:

Week 1 - H BRF and M HM emphasis on full clearing BRF, can do N BRF/H HM on the weekend if people need.
Week 2 - Tues H BRF, Wed M BRF, Thurs M HM (start extending HM lockout)
Week 3 - Focus on Mythic progression, heroic on the weekend as needed

Aliue
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Face rolling through cleared content not only is fun and satisfying, it' improves my rotation and help me get a better understanding of the raid mechanics, yes I've killed Heroic imperator two times(and I've been to every raid ), but my output is no where near where it should be as a combat rogue on that fight, nor is my output on heroic Tectus acceptable, I feel I should at least kill heroic bosses 10 times before I would attempt a mythic kill, otherwise i'm just being carried and that's no fun.

we would never have enough people in the weekend to gear the less fortunate, which means we must pug, pug = open roll=jilted guildmates, heroic HM take less than 2hrs to full clear I don't see what the big deal is. I understand we as a progression guild should aim to move up the ladder on wowprogress, but we must be realistic on how far we as a group are capable of reaching in Mythic, Each heroic HM boss kill made me a better raider, in gear and in confidence, with confidence we try crazy shit we normally wouldn't, and that's what it takes to get a mythic kill.We've hit a wall in Mythic HM and I honestly think our problem is not the gear, nor the rotation, but the inexperience on the fight, plus lack of research, communication and team bonding, I believe each one of us if assigned the right task can get it done no problem, but watching a video before pull without open discussion and input from EVERYONE does not grant us a kill, of course we have no time to discuss the fights on vent on raid nights, call me old fashion, but we used to have to go out and find strats that suits us,read every word, compare different strats posted in our guild's site with everyone leaving signature after reading.

wish we can find ways to satisfy those who lust for gear, e-peen, and those just wanting a good time. with that in mind, here's my suggestion:

Week 1

Tuesday: H BRF 3hrs, M HM 1hr, Wednesday: H BRF 3hrs, M HM 1hr, Thursday: H HM full clear back to H BRF

week 2

Tuesday: H BRF 4hrs Wednesday: H BRF 4hrs, Thursday: H BRF

we must give incentives for people showing for raids, and those are the easy kills in H HM, and soon H BRF, personally I think we should clear Normal BRF at least twice before attempting Heroic. 

Joe

Reapuer
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

So I kind of fall in the medium between the posts so far. I would like to focus on BRF during week 1 so we can try to get a heroic clear as soon as possible. To do that I believe we are going to have to clear normal BRF so the whole guild can see the encounters and learn the mechanics. I fear that if we leave normal BRF to weekend relegation during the first week, everyone wont see those end boss mechanics (because some people have social lives and can't raid on weekends....im super jelly) :P

As for Heroic HM I feel like the loot we get from H BRF is so much better itemized then H HM it's really not worth using valuable scheduled raid time to clear it. I will be happy to lead a weekend H HM for anyone who wants specific gear out of there (we can even reserve the pieces if we need to). That being said let me propose my raid schedule: 

Week 1

Tuesday: Heroic BRF all day  Wednesday: Heroic BRF 1/2 day then normal BRF 1/2 day  Thursday: Finish clearing normal BRF.

Week 2

All raid days dedicated to clearing Heroic BRF then with leftover time continue with extended M HM. Normal BRF and Heroic HM will be weekend raid.

Week 3

Clear Heroic BRF as quick as possible, finish our M HM progression then start Mythic BRF!

Of course the week one schedule will be dynamic because we have no idea how well we will do in Heroic BRF, we may want more time for heroic or we may want to move on to normal quicker so we can practice mechanics on a easier difficulty.

Lets keep up the discussion everyone! I'd love to hear as many guildie's opinions as we can before we make a decision on what to do! 

Fortûnato
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Tues - N BRF with more emphasis on H BRF (I honestly think we can do alot of the bosses on H.)

Wed - Finish H BRF, Start on M BRF.

Thurs - M HM for now.  One clear is all i really see necessary.  After its been cleared then move on to M BRF

As we clear BRF faster we'll work in more M BRF.  As we clear more of M HM we can start to phase it out and as nate said start saving the lock out.  H BRF drops 680 ilvl and will completely phase out H HM which is why i dont have it listed.  If we really have trouble with H BRF then i can see clearing N BRF for the first week to get used to the mechanics.  After that I only see reasons for H BRF and M HM/BRF

vacö
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: BRF

I think clearing normal the first week of BRF release is fine, but I really think it should be at the bottom of our priority list. I for one will not be equipping degrades even for the tier 2pc or 4pc, I think we should see how well we do in heroic BRF on Tuesday the first week it comes out, and then make a decision whether or not we should continue heroic on Wednesday or power through a normal. 

Faltizan
In-Game Guild Master

A lot of the big mechanics (stamping presses on Hansgar & Franzok, trains on Thogar, etc) are 1 shot mechanics. It's not going to matter if we're on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic for fights like those. Failing those mechanics = certain death.

Current level 80 characters:
Faltizan - Blood Death Knight (DPS only!)
Affirms - Ret/Holy Paladin
Aerodynamic - Balance/Resto Druid
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fate Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum